To be kept up to date sign up to our newsletter.
Latest news from Crook RAFA
- Spitfire Club proudly presents… Soul Capital… - In respect and appreciation of the Royal Air Forces Association members and their families we proudly present vocal harmony trio Soul Capital. Come along and support your local RAF Association club to share in our celebrations. Friday, 22nd December, doors open 7PM. Everyone welcome £4.00 tickets in advance available from the RAFA Spitfire Club.
- Stu’s Big RAFA Ride - The new president of the Scotland Northern Ireland and Northern England Area Council, Air Commodore (Ret’d) Stu Stirrat is aiming to visit every Branch and Club in our rather large area to introduce himself and raise a few bob for the RAFA Charity while he’s at it. Here’s what he has to say: Hi folks, […]
- Operation Chastise. - Service of Commemoration to mark the 80th Anniversary of the Dambusters “Operation Chastise” Crook War Memorial Tuesday 16th May 2023 Commencing 21:10 Sergeant Thomas Jay 1922—1943Thomas Jaye was born on 3rd October 1922, one of the two sons of James and Helena Jaye of Crook, Co. Durham. His father worked as a miner at Roddymoor […]
- George Houghton Memorial Shield - In a kind and fitting tribute to her late Husband, George Houghton, Pam, his widow, donated the proceeds from the collection held at his wake to the Spitfire Club. It was decided that George’s name should live on by way of a Memorial Shield presented annually to the best NCO in 2025 (Bishop Auckland) Squadron, […]
- RAFA takes off for the Great North Run - The RAF Association is looking for people to join its team of runners at 2023’s Great North Run, the world’s biggest half marathon, and raise funds for RAFA! This exhilarating run starts in Newcastle upon Tyne and passes some of the city’s iconic landmarks before finishing at the South Shields coast. There are still places […]
- Crook & District RAFA receives grant from Co-op - Following the successful application to Durham County Council enabling Crook & District RAFA to open its doors this winter as a warm space we have successfully applied to the Co-op for a further Grant. We are pleased to say we were awarded £150.00 by the co-op which will enable us to continue to remain open […]
- Crook Branch opens its doors as a warm space this winter. - Commencing Tuesday the 8th November, the RAFA Crook Branch will be opening its doors to members and their guests from 9AM to 12 Midday every Tuesday for coffee, tea and good company in a warm, friendly environment. Sponsored by CDCF and the Co-op. The co-op are supplying us with limited stocks of food for you […]
- Barnard Castle Aviation Day - Today, Crook & District RAF Association were represented at Barnard castle Aviation Day by Alan Myers, Crook & District 475 Branch Chair, who laid a wreath on behalf of all the members and John Abbott, Standard Bearer. Order of Service TEESDALE AVIATION DAYTuesday 27 September 2022Programme10.30. a.m. ‘The Vintage Pipers’ & BARAC10.45. a.m. Assembly in […]
- HM Queen Elizabeth II Funeral arrangements - On the sad and solemn occasion of HM Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, the RAF Association Spitfire Club, Crook will be opening its doors to Members and their guests to enable them to witness the ceremony on television. Tea, coffee, light refreshments and a small buffet will be available in addition to the usual selection of […]
- Durham Battle of Britain parade - Message from Sqn Ldr Mat Burton. If anyone is interested in attending please email email@example.com Thank You. I wanted to invite you and your members to Durham’s Battle of Britain Parade which is on Sunday the 11th September 2022 from 1400 hours at Durham Cathedral. Do any of you parade standards as these would be […]
- Climate change: The young activists changing the sceptics' minds
- Host country of COP28, UAE, to ramp up oil production, BBC learns
- Rise in English bathing sites rated unfit to swim
- Climate change: Saving Uganda's mountain gorillas
- Poor countries win fight for climate cash at COP28
- Edinburgh pandas spend last day in the spotlight
- 'Rock star' pandas - not exactly a love story
- Climate summit in an oil state: can COP28 change anything?
- COP28 president denies BBC News oil deal story
- England to get new national park as part of nature plan
- Toxic gas putting millions at risk in Middle East, BBC finds
- The T-shirt chewing enzyme ready to tackle plastic waste
- What is net zero and how are the UK and other countries doing?
- What is COP28 in Dubai and why is it important?
- COP28: UAE planned to use climate talks to make oil deals