Welcome to Crook RAF Association Branch and Spitfire Club website
The RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club here in Crook has long established links with the local community. We are here to serve as a meeting place and provide support for veterans and associate members. We are also here to assist, when possible, the wider community in and around Crook and District.
- Spitfire Club proudly presents… Soul Capital… - In respect and appreciation of the Royal Air Forces Association members and their families we proudly present vocal harmony trio Soul Capital. Come along and support your local RAF Association club to share in our celebrations. Friday, 22nd December, doors open 7PM. Everyone welcome £4.00 tickets in advance available from the RAFA Spitfire Club.
- Stu’s Big RAFA Ride - The new president of the Scotland Northern Ireland and Northern England Area Council, Air Commodore (Ret’d) Stu Stirrat is aiming to visit every Branch and Club in our rather large area to introduce himself and raise a few bob for the RAFA Charity while he’s at it. Here’s what he has to say: Hi folks, […]
- Operation Chastise. - Service of Commemoration to mark the 80th Anniversary of the Dambusters “Operation Chastise” Crook War Memorial Tuesday 16th May 2023 Commencing 21:10 Sergeant Thomas Jay 1922—1943Thomas Jaye was born on 3rd October 1922, one of the two sons of James and Helena Jaye of Crook, Co. Durham. His father worked as a miner at Roddymoor […]
- George Houghton Memorial Shield - In a kind and fitting tribute to her late Husband, George Houghton, Pam, his widow, donated the proceeds from the collection held at his wake to the Spitfire Club. It was decided that George’s name should live on by way of a Memorial Shield presented annually to the best NCO in 2025 (Bishop Auckland) Squadron, […]
- RAFA takes off for the Great North Run - The RAF Association is looking for people to join its team of runners at 2023’s Great North Run, the world’s biggest half marathon, and raise funds for RAFA! This exhilarating run starts in Newcastle upon Tyne and passes some of the city’s iconic landmarks before finishing at the South Shields coast. There are still places […]