PLEASE NOTE: Although it is no longer the law to require the use of masks whilst moving around indoors, as a private club we could still insist that this is a requirement of entry. However, we have taken the decision to allow people to use their common sense and discretion. As a club, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE our members to continue to apply social distancing measures and the use of face masks when not seated within our premises. This is for everyone’s benefit and safety as we are sure you will agree. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Our club refurbishment is now complete. Head over HERE to take a look. Or better still, pop along and pay us a visit.
Welcome to Crook RAF Association Branch and Spitfire Club website
The RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club here in Crook has long established links with the local community. We are here to serve as a meeting place and provide support for veterans and associate members. We are also here to assist, when possible, the wider community in and around Crook and District.
- Spitfire Soul Club Relaunches - Crook RAFA Spitfire club is proud to announce the commencement of the monthly Spitfire Soul Club events. FRIDAY, 30 JULY 2021 FROM 19:30 https://www.facebook.com/events/1150252318798232?ref=newsfeed
- RAFA Rides for 2021 - A cycling challenge, in-person, or virtually from wherever you are in the world. The aim is to cycle 24,901miles in 24 hours, to cycle the circumference of the Earth, joined by teams from across the globe! Phil Chinery, our vice-chair and standard bearer is aiming to contribute to this by cycling 75 miles, on an […]
- Help our Branch raise funds - Easyfundraising is the UK’s biggest charity shopping site. It works in a similar way to Amazon Smile but gives you access to over 4,200 different online retail sites including Tesco, Asda, Argos, Morrison etc with donations ranging from 0.05% to 4%. To startfundraising: Go to easyfundraising.org.uk Create your account or log in In the search […]
- Supporting our community through lockdown - We’re currently making over 2,000 friendship calls on a weekly basis, and we’re also actively reaching out to more potentially vulnerable individuals to check on their welfare in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Our bespoke online mental wellbeing training also continues to support members of our community who may be finding it tough.
- 12 Squadron memorial event - A short, COVID-safe, rededication event was held at the Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club on 8 February 2021. The event commemorated the 80th anniversary of the tragic loss of seven airmen from 12 Squadron, killed in February 1940 when their aircraft struck a tree returning from a training sortie. Mr Alan Hardy, the owner of the Nottinghamshire Golf […]