Crook & District Branch
This section is dedicated to Crook & District Branch.
Crook Branch News
- RAFA Rides for 2021 - A cycling challenge, in-person, or virtually from wherever you are in the world. The aim is to cycle 24,901miles in 24 hours, to cycle the circumference of the Earth, joined by teams from across the globe! Phil Chinery, our vice-chair and standard bearer is aiming to contribute to this by cycling 75 miles, on an […]
- Help our Branch raise funds - Easyfundraising is the UK’s biggest charity shopping site. It works in a similar way to Amazon Smile but gives you access to over 4,200 different online retail sites including Tesco, Asda, Argos, Morrison etc with donations ranging from 0.05% to 4%. To startfundraising: Go to easyfundraising.org.uk Create your account or log in In the search […]
- Fundraising Made Easy - Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way to donate to your charity every time you shop, at no extra cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.co.uk Amazon will donate 0.05% of the price of your eligible purchase . To start fundraising : Go to smile.amazon.co.uk In the search box type in Royal Air […]
- Wings Appeal: Crook Branch Annual Statement. - Please see below for the Annual Statement for contributions to the Wings Appeal from Crook Branch:
- December Branch Bulletin - It seems hard to believe that we now find ourselves a matter of days before Christmas and the end of 2020 is nearly upon us. I am sure that you will agree that this has been a year that we could never have imagined. Now is perhaps the time to consider all that is good about […]
- 2021 Subscription rates announced - Please see below for the recently announced 2021 subscription rates. As you can see, there has been a slight increase in the subscriptions in line with the Retail Price Index.
- Battle of Britain ‘Challenge 80’ – Update - Message from the Branch Treasurer. Update at 27 October 2020 Despite Covid restrictions it was discovered the people of Crook are very supportive and rallied around to help our Wings Appeal Challenge. We now have the final figures in. £800 raised from Phil’s 80 laps around Crook Market Place. This was a mixture of donations […]
- Battle of Britain 80 ‘Challenge’ - https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18720080.raf-veteran-march-80-laps-crook-market-charity/ To compensate the loss of street collecting, in aid of the Wings Appeal, the Association came up with “the Battle of Britain 80 challenge”. The idea was to challenge people to raise £80 in sponsorship, by doing 80 things in tribute to the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. As Branch standard bearer […]
- Sir Baz says Thank You - Back in early July the Crook Branch received a hand written letter from the President of the RAFA Air Marshall Sir Baz North,requesting our support towards Operation Connect Appeal by donating funds from our Branch Account to help in supporting Rafa members who were struggling due to the COVID 19 pandemic. The Branch committee agreed […]
- Battle Of Britain 80th Anniversary Appeal update No2 – September 2020 - We have set up a JustGiving page for those wishing to sponsor our Standard Bearer for his Challenge 80, where he circumnavigates Crook Marketplace Car Park 80 times in commemoration of the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The event will take place from Saturday 19th September from 11:30am with the 80 laps commencing at […]