Crook & District Branch
This section is dedicated to Crook & District Branch.
Crook Branch News
- Fundraising Made Easy - Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way to donate to your charity every time you shop, at no extra cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.co.uk Amazon will donate 0.05% of the price of your eligible purchase . To start fundraising : Go to smile.amazon.co.ukIn the search box type in Royal Air Forces […]
- Wings Appeal: Crook Branch Annual Statement. - Please see below for the Annual Statement for contributions to the Wings Appeal from Crook Branch:
- December Branch Bulletin - It seems hard to believe that we now find ourselves a matter of days before Christmas and the end of 2020 is nearly upon us. I am sure that you will agree that this has been a year that we could never have imagined. Now is perhaps the time to consider all that is good about […]
- 2021 Subscription rates announced - Please see below for the recently announced 2021 subscription rates. As you can see, there has been a slight increase in the subscriptions in line with the Retail Price Index.
- Battle of Britain ‘Challenge 80’ – Update - Message from the Branch Treasurer. Update at 27 October 2020 Despite Covid restrictions it was discovered the people of Crook are very supportive and rallied around to help our Wings Appeal Challenge. We now have the final figures in. £800 raised from Phil’s 80 laps around Crook Market Place. This was a mixture of donations […]
- Battle of Britain 80 ‘Challenge’ - https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18720080.raf-veteran-march-80-laps-crook-market-charity/ To compensate the loss of street collecting, in aid of the Wings Appeal, the Association came up with “the Battle of Britain 80 challenge”. The idea was to challenge people to raise £80 in sponsorship, by doing 80 things in tribute to the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. As Branch standard bearer […]
- Sir Baz says Thank You - Back in early July the Crook Branch received a hand written letter from the President of the RAFA Air Marshall Sir Baz North,requesting our support towards Operation Connect Appeal by donating funds from our Branch Account to help in supporting Rafa members who were struggling due to the COVID 19 pandemic. The Branch committee agreed […]
- Battle Of Britain 80th Anniversary Appeal update No2 – September 2020 - We have set up a JustGiving page for those wishing to sponsor our Standard Bearer for his Challenge 80, where he circumnavigates Crook Marketplace Car Park 80 times in commemoration of the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The event will take place from Saturday 19th September from 11:30am with the 80 laps commencing at […]
- Battle Of Britain 80th Anniversary Appeal update – September 2020 - The Branch is gearing up for the forthcoming 80th anniversary with a series of fundraising events planned to mark the occasion to raise valuable funds for the Wings Appeal, the RAF Association’s fundraising arm. Challenge 80 – 80 circuits of Crook market place carrying the Club’s Standard by our Standard Bearer Phil Chinery – Saturday […]
- July 2020 Newsletter: Battle of Britain 80th anniversary celebrations - The Club are intending to hold some sort of event later this year to mark the 80th anniversary, either within the Club or a virtual event if this is not possible. The Branch will be selling special commemorative ducks, each with a tag detailing a character from the Battle of Britain based on the real-life […]