Our club is now finished with the majority of the refurbishment. If you want a sneak preview before you are able to visit again after the lockdown, head over to HERE. We are extremely proud of our new look club and thank all involved, especially our main contractors SBC.
PLEASE NOTE: There are special safety measures in place to protect both Members and staff for when we re- open. Hopefully, this will be early December if the lockdown is not extended. This will result in a reduced number being allowed into the club and restricted seating arrangements will be in place. Also we ask that everyone who attends please stick by the safety rules, observe them closely, please follow the instructions of staff if asked to do so in order that we all may stay safe whilst again being able to enjoy our brand new and improved facilities. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Welcome to Crook RAF Association Branch and Spitfire Club website
The RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club here in Crook has long established links with the local community. We are here to serve as a meeting place and provide support for veterans and associate members. We are also here to assist, when possible, the wider community in and around Crook and District.
On here you will find the latest news and information about all the activities of the RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club, so please check back regularly.
- Site Migration: Update - The site is now fully migrated to its new server. It may take a week or two for the details to fully propagate across the internet but it should settle down fairly rapidly. Thank you all for your patience during the migration period. – Site Admin.
- Site Migration - Over the next week or so the site will be migrating to new servers. Please bear with us while we perform this operation. Thank you.
- Battle of Britain ‘Challenge 80’ – Update - Message from the Branch Treasurer. Update at 27 October 2020 Despite Covid restrictions it was discovered the people of Crook are very supportive and rallied around to help our Wings Appeal Challenge. We now have the final figures in. £800 raised from Phil’s 80 laps around Crook Market Place. This was a mixture of donations […]
- Battle of Britain 80 ‘Challenge’ - https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18720080.raf-veteran-march-80-laps-crook-market-charity/ To compensate the loss of street collecting, in aid of the Wings Appeal, the Association came up with “the Battle of Britain 80 challenge”. The idea was to challenge people to raise £80 in sponsorship, by doing 80 things in tribute to the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. As Branch standard bearer […]
- Sir Baz says Thank You - Back in early July the Crook Branch received a hand written letter from the President of the RAFA Air Marshall Sir Baz North,requesting our support towards Operation Connect Appeal by donating funds from our Branch Account to help in supporting Rafa members who were struggling due to the COVID 19 pandemic. The Branch committee agreed […]
- Battle Of Britain 80th Anniversary Appeal update No2 – September 2020 - We have set up a JustGiving page for those wishing to sponsor our Standard Bearer for his Challenge 80, where he circumnavigates Crook Marketplace Car Park 80 times in commemoration of the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The event will take place from Saturday 19th September from 11:30am with the 80 laps commencing at […]
- Battle Of Britain 80th Anniversary Appeal update – September 2020 - The Branch is gearing up for the forthcoming 80th anniversary with a series of fundraising events planned to mark the occasion to raise valuable funds for the Wings Appeal, the RAF Association’s fundraising arm. Challenge 80 – 80 circuits of Crook market place carrying the Club’s Standard by our Standard Bearer Phil Chinery – Saturday […]
Click HERE to go to the RAF Association 75th Anniversary of VE day page.
There are lots of resources on this website plus links to external resources such as the RAFA National Site and the RAF Benevolent Fund. too. Please feel free to browse and also to sign up for our newsletter and to participate in our discussion forums.