Welcome to Crook RAF Association Branch and Spitfire Club website
The RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club here in Crook has long established links with the local community. We are here to serve as a meeting place and provide support for veterans and associate members. We are also here to assist, when possible, the wider community in and around Crook and District.
- Great day at Crook Community Leisure Centre - The recent open day at Crook Community Leisure Centre (5th June) saw our Branch Treasurer (Sharon Abbott) and our Branch Welfare Officer (Paul Abbott) staffing our RAF Association Crook Branch stall. The pair were ably assisted by our Club Secretary (Mark Eversedge). Lots of little goodies were on sale plus a great competition guessing the […]
- Race Night at the Spitfire Club - Join us this Saturday 21st may for Race Night. Doors open at 19:00, racing starts approx. 20:00. These nights prove to be quite popular so come early to get your seat. Go on, take a punt.
- Wellington Bomber DV-841 Memorial Service. 2 June, 2019 - On the 21st May 1942, Wellington Bomber DV-841 with 5 crew on board crashed into Kitty’s Wood, near Roddymoor in Crook, County Durham. Although Wear Valley Council commissioned a plaque which hangs in the North East Aircraft Museum near the Nissan Factory in Washington, a new plaque now stands in grounds of Crook Community Leisure […]
- The Spitfire Club Welcomes Georgia Lee - Come along to the Spitfire Club on Saturday the 25th of June to hear the fabulous Georgia Lee perform hits from throughout the ages. Doors open at 19:00. Onstage at approx 20:00. Bingo in the interval. These events are proving ever more popular so come along early to get your seat at the Spitfire Club. […]
- Easter Pool & Domino Handicap. - See poster for details of our Easter Pool & Domino Competition.