Our club is now finished with the majority of the refurbishment. If you want a sneak preview before you are able to visit again after the lockdown, head over to HERE. We are extremely proud of our new look club and thank all involved, especially our main contractors SBC.
STOP PRESS: May we extend a warm welcome to all our new members that have transferred from the Newton Aycliffe Branch. We look forward to meeting you in our newly refurbished Club when COVID restrictions are eased and we can open again.
PLEASE NOTE: There are special safety measures in place to protect both Members and staff for when we re- open. Hopefully, this will be some time in December. This will result in a reduced number being allowed into the club and restricted seating arrangements will be in place. Also we ask that everyone who attends please stick by the safety rules, observe them closely, please follow the instructions of staff if asked to do so in order that we all may stay safe whilst again being able to enjoy our brand new and improved facilities. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Welcome to Crook RAF Association Branch and Spitfire Club website
The RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club here in Crook has long established links with the local community. We are here to serve as a meeting place and provide support for veterans and associate members. We are also here to assist, when possible, the wider community in and around Crook and District.
On here you will find the latest news and information about all the activities of the RAFA Branch & Spitfire Club, so please check back regularly.
- RAFA Rides for 2021 - A cycling challenge, in-person, or virtually from wherever you are in the world. The aim is to cycle 24,901miles in 24 hours, to cycle the circumference of the Earth, joined by teams from across the globe! Phil Chinery, our vice-chair and standard bearer is aiming to contribute to this by cycling 75 miles, on an […]
- Help our Branch raise funds - Easyfundraising is the UK’s biggest charity shopping site. It works in a similar way to Amazon Smile but gives you access to over 4,200 different online retail sites including Tesco, Asda, Argos, Morrison etc with donations ranging from 0.05% to 4%. To startfundraising: Go to easyfundraising.org.uk Create your account or log in In the search […]
- Supporting our community through lockdown - We’re currently making over 2,000 friendship calls on a weekly basis, and we’re also actively reaching out to more potentially vulnerable individuals to check on their welfare in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Our bespoke online mental wellbeing training also continues to support members of our community who may be finding it tough.
- 12 Squadron memorial event - A short, COVID-safe, rededication event was held at the Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club on 8 February 2021. The event commemorated the 80th anniversary of the tragic loss of seven airmen from 12 Squadron, killed in February 1940 when their aircraft struck a tree returning from a training sortie. Mr Alan Hardy, the owner of the Nottinghamshire Golf […]
- Remembering Operation Granby/ Desert Storm - This year marks 30 years since Op Desert Storm/ Op GRANBY, often known as the First Gulf War. The UK’s contribution to the coalition saw 53,462 members of our Armed Forces deployed to the Middle East. A total of 47 British personnel were killed; five during the Air Campaign. On Sunday 28 February we ask […]
Click HERE to go to the RAF Association 75th Anniversary of VE day page.
There are lots of resources on this website plus links to external resources such as the RAFA National Site and the RAF Benevolent Fund. too. Please feel free to browse and also to sign up for our newsletter and to participate in our discussion forums.